We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A snap-on strainer you can use with any pot or bowl. Just think of how much space you'll save in your already-crowded kitchen cabinets. Marie Kondo will applaud your greatness!
Promising review: "Why didn't I discover this earlier??? I am not a fan of cooking, really, but I have to with a family of five. This helps cut down on a mundane process. You know you're an adult when...you get excited about kitchen gadgets. There are reviews that say it won't fit over pots or pans with 'lips' but I've used it just fine with those types. You have to just really wiggle it in there slowly. It's snug, but you want that! Otherwise, you'll end up with a mess if it fits easily, because that means that it will slide out easily also." —Jade Fox
Get it from Amazon for $11.99.
2. A therapy lamp to recreate the feeling of sitting in the sun, even when you're stuck in a cubicle all day.
Promising review: "This light has helped me feel like an actual human again and I could almost cry, honestly. I've only used it a handful of times, but I've already noticed a significant boost in my mood and energy. I enjoy doing chores again, I don't lay in bed when I am off work and cry, I get as excited as my dog when I ask if she wants to go for walks. My friends have noticed an uptick in my mood too, as have my co-workers and family. I've found that I have energy to take up my old hobbies such as writing and drawing again, too." —Hailey
Get it from Amazon for $29.99.
3. A kitchen gadget you can use to dice onions in a flash — save your uncontrollable crying for the next time you watch The Notebook.
Promising review: "It makes diced onions that are small and uniform in size. It took a while to figure out the best way to put the onions on the surface to be diced but once I figured that out, it worked very well. You can measure the amount in the container. It does make a loud noise as the last piece of onion is cut but the directions indicate that. Cleaning was also easy with the small tool included with the cutter. Best thing I have found to dice onions small and consistent in size. I would recommend it for dicing onions." —Laughlinbeader
Get it from Walmart for $15.24.
4. An automatic rotating laser that'll keep your cat entertained and give them yet another reason to ignore you.
Promising review: "I recommend this laser toy for any family who has a cat in their house. Compared to a laser pen, it's much easier to use and frees your hands to do other house work. My cat is having a lot of fun of chasing the laser point — I can watch him play while I'm laying on my couch. It takes your cat's extra energy away, so they're not scratching your other stuff. The battery seems to be lasting longer than I expected. I have had this for two weeks and use it 30–40 minutes every day and haven't had to change the battery yet. Highly recommend this toy for all my friends with a cat." —Fiona Yan
Get it from Amazon for $24.98.
5. Or a doggie doorbell to provide your pet with a way to let you know they want to come inside and prevent them from scratching up your doors.
Promising review: "It only took a couple of days for my puppy to figure this out, but now she uses her nose just like the picture shows. I have it in my screen porch, so that when she wants to come in the house she rings the bell. I laugh every time I hear it ring because I love that she knows what it's for! There are several ring tones and four volume levels. The installation was easy, though I may have to install it higher as she gets bigger. It comes with great tips on how to train your dog to use the bell. Sometimes though, when I'm sitting out on the screen porch with her, she'll ring it because she just wants a treat. I'm hoping this is only because she is so young. Once she really gets the hang of it, I'll stop giving her treats. But for now it has worked great!" —Amanda
Get it from Amazon for $30.
6. A pastel power strip you'll point out to anyone who visits your house because it's practically perfect in every way.
Not only is this power strip beautiful, but it also comes with two regular sockets and two USB ports to keep your gadgets charged-up and ready to go.
Get it from Urban Outfitters for $30 (available in lilac or mint).
7. An affordable home security system with a motion and entry sensor that'll alert you to any funny business going on around your house. You'll FINALLY be able to watch scary movies again!
Kangaroo lets you create the perfect home security plan for your family. Do you have a pet? No worries, the app will help you set it up so that your pup won't trigger the sensor. You can monitor your entire home for free or subscribe for more security options.
Promising review: "I ordered the motion sensor with Prime and it was delivered to my door in less than 48 hours, incredibly easy to install and sync to the phone app! I have had zero technical issues in the week that I have had it. When the motion sensor picks up movement both the app and the Kangaroo staff are quick to respond! I definitely would recommend this as an incredibly easy, safe and affordable way to ensure the safety of your home and loved ones!" —Molly
Get it from Amazon for $29.99.
8. A battery charger with eight charging ports, so you can stop spending money on new batteries and just keep the ones you have juiced up at all times.
Promising review: "It charges both my Bonai AA and AAA batteries well. As a karaoke host, I go through batteries for my wireless microphones like water, so it’s nice to be able to charge a bunch of batteries at once!" —Bossk1999
Get it from Amazon for $9.99+ (available with four or eight ports).
9. A doorbell with 52 chimes to choose from and various volume levels, perfect for alerting you when your pizza delivery has finally arrived.
Promising review: "One of my neighbors uses this wireless doorbell and so we bought it on her recommendation. It was a cinch to install (just plug in the wall unit and peel the sticky tape to adhere the ringer to the frame of our unit front door.) I didn't get fancy trying to change the ring sound, which I believe you can. I'm happy with the default. I don't have a large apartment, just two bedrooms and a living room/kitchen combo, but there were times when I was in one of the bedrooms and on the phone (where I use a headset) and I did not hear someone knocking on my door. I also have a balcony where I would not hear anyone at the door. By placing this unit in my living room, I can clearly hear it anywhere in the apartment even if I am on the phone or watching TV/listening to music. In the past I waited all day for the cable guy to show up and missed him. Now I hear everyone, the doorbell looks great and matches our apartment black door perfectly." —Samurai F
Get it from Amazon for $24.99 (available in nine styles).
10. A motion-activated toilet light, a must-have for anyone who is tired of stumbling over themselves when they get up in the middle of the night to pee.
Promising review: "I've had this device for a little while now and I absolutely love it! Light detector and motion detector work together to only turn the toilet light on when it senses darkness and movement. I love that there are 16 different colors you can choose from; and with each 16 colors you can raise or lower the brightness which kind of makes color choices even bigger if you consider the different color brightness a new color. You can either leave your toilet light cycling through all 16 colors while on, or you have the option of choosing one of the colors and keeping it on that color. I ended up getting two of these toilet lights for both of my bathrooms and my guests, as well as I, love it." —Sergio Rios
Get it from Amazon for $14.95.
11. An essential oil diffuser that'll make your home smell like the soothing yoga studio you vowed to go to once a week but never found the time to return to because life always seems to get in the way. Deeeeep breaths.
This diffuser has a whopping 24,966 5-star reviews from VERY pleased Amazon customers. If that isn't a sign to pick this up, what is? You might as well go ahead and add this set of essential oils to your cart while you're at it (lavender is my personal favorite).
Promising review: "This is a really great diffuser, especially for a first timer like myself. It's small and simple and also succeeds in freshening up my entire room. The 30 second burst is great at keeping your space feeling and smelling great throughout the day, while the continuous mode lasts for about six hours so I keep it on while I'm sleeping. Overall, a really great and inexpensive diffuser!" —Pascal Ibe
Get it from Amazon for $21.99+ (available in four styles).
12. A selfie ring light for flattering photos you can ~click, click, click, and post~ like Ariana Grande on Instagram.
Promising review: "This little light is awesome and super convenient! It's a powerful little thing that has a good battery life, and within a couple hours you can have it charged from 0 to 100. It comes with the micro-USB charging cable, but you must use your own charging block (i.e. Your iPhone wall charging block works just fine.) It's awesome having the three different brightness settings on it — you can really see the difference between each one of them. I photograph handmade jewelry up close and the regular flash on my phone blows out the photos. But when I use the Ring Light, it's always perfect!" —aly.me
Get it from Amazon for $12.99.
13. A mug warmer, because even if you're the self-proclaimed "busiest person on the planet" you deserve to have hot coffee.
We've all been there — making our coffee or tea only to set it down and forget about until it's cooled down completely. Thanks to this mug warmer none of us ever have to suffer through another cold cup of caffeine again! It has received over 4K five-star reviews on Amazon, so you know it's a big freakin' deal.
Promising review: "I'm a chronic coffee forgetter. I can't drink it straight from the brewer (too hot for me) so I set my mug down to cool slightly and often get distracted. Of course I then come back to my coffee to find it's already cold. I've currently got the warmer at my office and it's working great. I can sip my coffee leisurely over the course of an hour and it's still nice and warm." —Elle
Get it from Amazon for $10.99
14. Or a HyperChiller to cool your favorite drink in less than a minute. A must-have if you're like me and prefer to drink iced coffee all year. Yes, that includes when it's 25 degrees out in the middle of January.
Promising review: "For those not fully familiar with how it works, what it's accomplishing is trying to surround your liquid with as much ice-behind-metal as possible. So, it has a center chamber of ice behind the metal, then an outer chamber of ice. The inner chamber fits inside the outer with about a cup's worth of space that's between the inner and outer chamber. This exposes your liquid to the greatest surface area of super-cold metal that they can, and since your liquid is only touching metal, and not the ice itself, it doesn't matter the temperature of the liquid poured in. You can pour in boiling water and while it may end up melting a bunch of the ice behind the metal, none of that water will mix with your drink. So, whether you're chilling a wine, dropping hot coffee to cool it off, or just wanting to rapidly drop the temp of that fresh lemonade you made without making it watery, this will get that done." —P. Ericksen
Get it from Amazon for $29.99.
15. A personal fan you'll be forever grateful for after moving into an apartment where you don't have control of your heat.
Promising review: "It gets pretty warm in my wife's home office because of the afternoon sun beaming in the window. This fan now allows her to comfortably do her work in the afternoon without having to turn the AC way down. It's pretty quiet and doesn't cause distraction and she says it's powerful for as small as it is. She really enjoys the moving air in her workspace and she would definitely recommend this perfect convenience device. Great buy!" —Pitt Hamilton
Get it from Amazon for $27.59+ (available in five colors).
16. A classic Swiss Army Knife you can store in your junk drawer and break out whenever you need a lil' screwdriver, scissors, key ring, tweezers, or toothpick. Psh, and to think they said we couldn't have it all!
Promising review: "This item is the real deal, very well made and I love the color. It is the perfect tool to carry in my bag, lightweight, slim and well made. Not at all like the bulky pocket knife my husband takes with him in the car. The five tools seem to perfectly address my needs. The scissor is the feature I use the most, but the nail file is definitely a close second. I particularly love that the end of the file doubles as a screwdriver! It has proved the perfect size for eyeglass repair as well as for opening those tiny screws to the battery compartments in toys and electronic items." —Gilles Family
Get it from Amazon for $14.99 (available in 26 styles).
17. A rapid egg cooker, available in a variety of beautiful colors, because the most important meal of the day is deserving of such detail.
Promising review: "The color alone makes me so incredibly happy! This little thing is pretty awesome... poke a hole in some eggs, pour water in the basin, set it and forget it. There is a handy tray in case you want an itty bitty omelet or if you want a poached egg, it can poach two at a time – which is great, because who has time to boil water, put in some vinegar, and stir a damn egg into it in the morning hoping and praying it won't break? Not me, that is for sure." —TheOneEyedCat
Get it from Amazon for $19.97+ (available in five colors).
18. An electric kettle that'll help you whip up a ~spot of tea~ so fast Queen Elizabeth II would reward you with a sly smile.
Promising review: "After seeing one at my friend’s house. I bought the same one. It’s perfect, especially in those harsh winter months. It’s very easy to use. Water boils very quickly. No more boiling water on the stove anymore. I like how it’s stainless steel and easy to clean. I would definitely recommend this to all tea lovers!" —Emily Y
Get it from Amazon for $16.99.
19. A universal remote attachment, because no one wants to fumble with three different remotes trying to figure out which one will turn the TV on.
Promising review: "This is a great little accessory for your Amazon remote. I was tired of always getting my TV controller out to change the volume or input or turn the TV on or off, but this little addition does it all and attaches right to the fire TV remote." —TDS
Get it from Amazon for $24.99.
20. A peace sign LED lamp you'll start lovingly referring to as the ~light of your life~. IDK about you, but I'd love to put my fave emoji on display.
Get it from Forever 21 for $7.90.
21. Fingerless flashlight gloves you can use when the power unexpectedly goes out and you need to get to your fuse box without falling on your face. Darkness? I don't know her.
My uncle recently was trying to fix some wiring in the dark in his basement, held his flashlight in between his teeth, and then CRACKED all four of his front teeth. He spent more in dental bills than he would've on an electrician. I'll be getting him these gloves.
Promising review: "This was the best gift to give to my husband who is an electrician who always is using a flashlight but needs his hands as well. There are two lights on each glove — one on the index finger and one on the thumb. The lights are BRIGHT! My husband has big hands so I was worried about the fit but material is spandex so it stretches a lot. Would recommend!" —yvonne horner
Get them from Amazon for $9.88+ (available in three styles).
22. Or a handy aluminum flashlight you'll always be able to rely on. Whether you're using it during a storm that left ya' in the dark or you've dropped something behind your couch and need try and retrieve it without getting exasperated — it'll light your way.
My husband has one of these bad boys and keeps it on his bedside table. I've seen him use it for a variety of things like trying to track down a spider he tried to kill (but missed) or to provide some much-needed light while working on wires in his desktop computer. It's a small but powerful gadget I'd totally suggest keeping in your home.
Get it from Drop for $30 (available in four colors).
23. A colorful bedside clock that'll not only attempt to wake your sleepy head up in time for work, but also has a birthday reminder so you won't forget your mom's special day (again).
Promising review: "It's been sitting there, loyally giving me the time, date, and ambient temperature for two months since I got it, and faithful to its programming, it just sang me 'Happy Birthday,' on today, my birthday. 10/10 Would recommend." —Morghandi
Get it from Amazon for $5.30.
24. An automatic pan stirrer with a timer, great for any aspiring chef who tends to get a little absent-minded while following a recipe. Take THAT, Gordan Ramsey.
Promising review: "My husband loves to cook. We have two very small children, so while his meals are mostly yummy, they are also sometimes burnt. :) This was perfect for him. He's able to turn it on, run into the next room to save the day with a plastic bag and a washcloth for whatever blowout-esque mess I'm dealing with, forget he's cooking, run back into the kitchen frantically when he remembers, and arrive only to find the meal practically cooking itself. Best. Gift. Ever." —Jake the ChefturnedDaddy
Get it from UncommonGoods for $25.
25. Or a critter catcher you can use to safely trap and remove any unwanted creature that wanders into your home. Added bonus? You MIGHT stop screaming bloody murder and running for higher ground when you see a spider.
Promising review: "This thing is awesome! Initially I was hesitant that it would squish the little guys or they would fall out in transport but it's great! Highly recommend! Sorry little guy your GPS brought you into my house, I will help you find your way back outside :)" —Crystal R
Get it from Amazon for $19.99 (available in four colors).
26. A chalkboard boom bowl that'll amplify sound and get the party started immediately once you drop your phone into it.
You can even customize the outside to your heart's desire with a little chalk art!
Promising review: "My daughter uses it in her room and bathroom. It's a great speaker and I like that you don't have to connect it to anything — you just put your phone in the bowl and it works. She writes cute messages on it and her friends think she invented the wheel. Very cool, neat, different idea." —Princess Lia
Get it from UncommonGoods for $10.
27. And a breakfast sandwich maker for those rainy Sunday mornings where all you want is a cure to your hangover but can't physically venture further than your kitchen.
Promising review: "FAM. I need you to lissssssen. I would give this product 87 stars if I could. You'd think it would be one of those gimmicky kitchen appliances that barely even works. EXCEPT you're wrong. It's amazing. It's quick. Look. Lissssten. You put the ingredients in and about two minutes later your tummy is all like 'oh yesssss.' Basically. Just buy it. Purchase the sammich maker. You're welcome." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $24.99.
You, celebrating that you've basically turned your home into a non-threatening version of Smart House :
The Walt Disney Company
Some reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.
Looking for some great Amazon finds? Check out some of our favorite cheap things to buy on Amazon, some of the weirdest things on Amazon you might actually want, or read through all the rest of our incredible Amazon product recommendations.
Looking for the perfect gift for any occasion? Check out all of BuzzFeed’s gift guides!
Allison Krausman / BuzzFeed